On April 5th, 2020 Angela Diaz de Leon passed away due to complications from the novel COVID-19 virus. She was a board member who served this community with fierceness, creative problem solving and a passion for advocacy that was undeniable. Her legacy as a mother, doula, baby wearing educator, placenta encapsulator, and co-Founder of Sacred Healing Collective and The Source, is far reaching into our community and beyond. Angela also served on the board of Nurturely and the local chapter of Baby Wearing International and is greatly missed. Because of her outstanding dedication to our community the San Diego Birth Network has created a scholarship in her honor. Beginning in 2021, 10% of each membership will fund three, year-long scholarships for birth professionals working in San Diego. If you would like to make a donation towards the scholarship fund you may do so here.
Further, the board has designated an additional amount of $500 for community needs, fundraising efforts of individuals that would honor Angela’s giving spirit. If you would like to nominate a cause, please click here.
- A one year membership at no cost
- An opportunity to be featured at one of our monthly socials
- Features on our social media pages
- Opportunities to engage with the board of directors
Scholarship Applicants Attributes and Requirements:
- Gives back to the community
- Critical thinker who is not afraid to dissent and question the majority
- Seeks equity
- Gentle and fierce
- Creative problem solver
- Believes in the normalcy of birth, upholds and protects this belief in their practice
- Serves birthing and/or postpartum people in a professional manner
- Provides services in San Diego
- Commitment to attend three SDBN events in 2021