San Diego Birth Network is a group of providers in San Diego County working in pregnancy, birth and postpartum. This website's purpose is to help families find the providers they need to support them through the changes having a baby brings to their lives.
This Network is for you! There is no need to register and it is completely free. If you are interested in receiving our monthly newsletter, Sign Up Here!
- Find local providers all over San Diego County
- Get contact information for the specific providers you need
- Meet other families and our providers at our Spotlight and Community Events
- Find Resources and Links supporting evidenced-based care
By becoming a Member with San Diego Birth Network you
- Create an online listing for your business
- Get inquiries from interested families
- Network with other providers and meet families at our Spotlight Events
- Have opportunities to speak on or submit articles about one of our Spotlight topics
- Have access to preferred advertising opportunities through our website and monthly newsletter
Empowerment and Normalcy of Birth
Birth is a normal, natural, and healthy process.
“For the well-being of childbearing women and society at-large, we must shift from the current over-reliance on the medical management of birth, back to an understanding and respect for the normal physiology of birth." Mary Lawlor, CPM, MA.
Childbirth is a normal and natural process, NOT always a medical event. Women's bodies are made to grow babies and give birth. Women and babies have the inherent wisdom necessary for birth.
A woman's confidence and ability to give birth and to care for her baby is enhanced or diminished by every person who gives her care, and by the environment in which she gives birth. Finding and choosing the right provider can impact the entire experience and outcome.
Evidence-based medicine (EBM) is the integration of best research evidence with clinical expertise and patient value. When these three elements are integrated, clinicians and patients form an alliance which optimizes clinical outcomes and quality of life.(Sackett 2000)
Evidence-based care is not fear-based. It is care rooted in evidence and research and allows for families to be involved in the decision-making surrounding their care. It is interactive, it is informative, and it is empowering.
Fore more informations please visit http://www.motherfriendly.org