What is placenta encapsulation?
Placenta encapsulation is a process of taking a fresh placenta and making it into pill form for ingestion by the mother. Many encapsulists will offer tincture, salve, smoothies, prints, cord-keepsakes and a print of the actual placenta.
Why do I need placenta encapsulation?
- Baby-blues and various other postpartum disturbances have been notably reduced.
- Hormones are assisted in their balancing.
- Milk supply is often established early due to the Human Placental Lactogen (HPL) hormone found in the placenta pills.
- Lower anemia findings because of iron replenishing that can also help fight depression, fatigue and poor concentration.
- In general moms report that they feel more emotionally balanced and have plenty of milk for their little ones. Many moms who have had a child before encapsulating with their next child notice a substantial difference in their post-partum healing.
- (Placenta encapsulation has not been evaluated by the FDA)
Birth Art, Birth Doula, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Photography, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula
San Diego + surrounding areas
A fully nurturing, supportive, special experience for new mothers as a family is born together...View Profile
Birth Centers, Birth Doula, Childbirth Education, Holistic Care, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Midwifery, OB/GYN, Placenta Services
First State Licensed, Nationally Accredited Birth Center in California, Specializing in Water BirthsView Profile