What is a Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a highly trained and specialized health care professional that deals with treating the functions of the musculoskeletal system and nervous system. They are most known for treating back pain, neck pain, and tightness in joints. Their practice is drug free, and they have been trained to recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises.
Why do I need a Chiropractor?
- Demands on the body while pregnant can put joints and spinal cords out of line and may need readjusting.
- Tightness in muscles may need relief by certain stretches and exercises from a chiropractor during pregnancy.
- They help to establish pelvic balance and alignment.
- Some chiropractors have training to help achieve optimal fetal positioning – they can encourage babies to move into the best position for their births.
- Seeing a chiropractor can help with controlling symptoms of nausea, reduce time of labor and birth, relieve back pack and neck pain, prevent a potential cesarean birth.