What is a doula?
A birth doula is someone who is trained and sometimes certified as an experienced professional who offers continuous physical, emotional and informational support to mothers who are pregnant, and during labor and birth. The word “doula” means “a woman who serves” in Greek. Birth doulas also check in with you after the birth of your baby.
Why do I need a Birth Doula?
- Stays with you throughout your labor and the birth of your child.
- Helps support your birth partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
- Doulas can help shorten your labor with fewer complications.
- Reduces the odds of labor resulting in a cesarean birth of your baby.
- Lowers the odds that the mother would need pain medications or an epidural.
Childbirth Education, Chiropractic, Craniosacral Therapy, Holistic Care, Massage Therapy, Mental Health and Support, Nutritionists, Yoga and Fitness
Brian Stenzler is a Webster Certifiied Doctor of Chiropractic in Pacific Beach and Del MarView Profile
Babywearing, Birth Doula, Childbirth Education, Fertility, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Massage Therapy, Nutritionists, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula
We offer classes, workshops, doulas and resources to help you enjoy your birth!View Profile