Tayna ChessmanBirth Doula, Breast/chestfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Natural Baby Products, Newborn Care Specialist, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula
My grandmother, a herbalist who owns her herbalist practice, showed me from an early age how to care for plants and herbs. I learned that if you pay attention and listen, plants will tell you all they need. I believe this is the same for people. It’s not about giving advice or judgments. It’s intuitive work. It’s about picking up on non-verbal queues, listening, and empathizing with the needs of the other person. Offering the time to listen to your story with an open heart and mind leads to birth stories that matter.
I am a mother to two wonderful and wild children who teaches me how to live and stay in the moment, even when times are challenging. It’s about being present at the moment, letting go, and allowing birth to unfold as it may in its unique way.
I am a 10-year-resident of Temecula with a complete midwifery education from the National College of Midwifery. I am on schedule to become a Licensed Midwife (CPM) in March of 2023. I am a Certified Doula and trained VBAC Specialist through the internationally-recognized program of Prodoula and a Certified Evidence-Based Birth Professional through Evidence Based Birth. My background in mindful birthing allows clients to progress through their birthing process and help prepare them for unexpected encounter without trying to force an outcome or result. My training is well-suited to the unpredictability of birthing and to the importance of being able to respond and pivot with calm stability.
I have cared for people birthing their babies at home, in birth centers, and in in-hospital settings. I have experience in VBAC, induction, and high-risk births. I’ve worked with those undergoing both planned and unplanned Caesareans. I am knowledgeable in comforting techniques for labor, such as positions and movements, soothing touch, visualizations, breathwork, and affirmations.
Everyone deserves a companion and a team where they feel safe and supported.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
- 2006 Certified Drug & Alcohol Counseling
- 2016 Birth Emergency Skills Training®
- 2017 Member of the National Association of Certified Professional Midwives (NACPM)
- 2017 Placenta Preparation Training through IPPA
- 2017 The Art & Science of Breach
- 2017 Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance for Midwives
- 2017 Newborn Examination for Midwives
- 2017 Suturing in a Real Midwifery Practice
- 2017 “Stick Em Up” IV Therapy
- 2018 WHO & CDC Child Growth Assessment Training
- 2019 Began Midwifery Apprenticeship with Katie Jones, CPM
- 2019 Cultural Competency, National College of Midwifery
- 2019 Communication and Counseling, National College of Midwifery
- 2019 Genetic Screening, National College of Midwifery
- 2019 Heart of Herbs, Herbalist Certification Program
- 2020 Neonatal Jaundice
- 2020 Pharmacology for Midwives Including GBS Treatment
- 2020 Shoulder Dysplasia complications, National College of Midwifery
- 2020 Lactation Education Resources
- 2020 Supporting Families with Newborn Loss
- 2020 Hemorrhage Prevention & Treatment
- 2020 Diagnostic Lab and Testing procedures. National College of Midwifery
- 2020 Birth Doula – Prodoula
- 2021 Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program – Recertification
- 2021 Current Adult & Infant CPR For Healthcare Professionals – Recertification
- 2021 Basic Suturing Skills Lab
- 2021 Resolving Shoulder Dystocia (RSD)
- 2021 Breach Without Borders
- 2021 Stillbirth Day Bereavement Doula
Bliss And Bay Co
Type of Service
Birth Doula, Breast/chestfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Natural Baby Products, Newborn Care Specialist, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula
Cloth Diaper Service
Free Cloth Diapering Classes Free DYI classes