Joy KobrickBabywearing, Birth Doula, Childbirth Education, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Placenta Services
We are a team of three San Diego area certified doulas who have chosen to weave our individual and dynamic strengths into a collaborative doula service. We are confident that in working with a team of doulas you will feel supported and well resourced during your pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience.
THE TEAM ADVANTAGE
We work together as a team because we recognize the strength of working together and believe in the power of community. We serve families best when we are supported by one another.
WHAT DOES THE TEAM APPROACH MEAN FOR YOU?
When working with a doula team you glean the skills, wisdom, and support of multiple seasoned birth workers. You will have two primary doulas who attend your prenatal meetings leading up to your birth, so you feel comfortable with both. Then, when you are in labor, the most rested of the two will join you. The third doula acts as a backup, for those rare instance when one of your primary doulas is unable to attend your birth.
As your birth doulas, our goal is to help you create a realistic and optimistic vision for your birth, help you work through your fears, provide non-judgmental support, and help your partner remain an active, effective role in this amazing experience. As you begin to visualize and prepare for your ideal birth, you will develop a sense of confidence that will carry you through labor and birth.
– Birth Doula Care
– Postpartum Support
– Placenta Encapsulation
– Breastfeeding Support and Education
– Childbirth Education
– DONA trained and certified
– CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educator (Joy)
– Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypno-Doula (Dara and Joy)
– Placenta Arts Specialist – APPA Certified and PBi trained (Joy)
– Spinning Babies Trained (Dara and Joy)
– 6 Month Internship at South Coast Midwifery (Dara)
– CAPPA Trained in Postpartum Care (Dara)
– Rebozo Workshop with Gina Kirby (Joy)
– Postpartum Doula – trained through Natural Resources (Joy)
– Homebirth for Doulas – training through Cornerstone Midwifery (Joy)
– Childbirth International Doula Training (Joy)
– CPR & First Aid Certified – American Red Cross (Dara and Joy)
Joyful Roots Doulas
Type of Service
Babywearing, Birth Doula, Childbirth Education, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Placenta Services
Birth Doula Care, Placenta Encapsulation, Breastfeeding Support, Childbirth Education
Proudly Serving San Diego County
San Diego CA 92115