Missed our last social? Never been to one and interested in what it's like? Enjoy this recording of one of our most popular socials hosted by the Nizhoni Institute of Midwifery and our founder, Gerri Ryan of San Diego County Midwives.
- This event has passed.
Check Your Priviledge Co-Conspirator Workshop: Unpacking Your Relationship with Power, Privilege, and Birthwork
March 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$40.00
It’s imperative that helping professionals engage in Anti-Racism Work-The San Diego Birth Network is proud to offer our members the opportunity to engage in this work.
This Check Your Privilege workshop is an opportunity for you to:
- Unpack your relationship with power, white privilege and birth work.
- Understand the impact your unacknowledged Racism has on the mental and emotional health of BIPoC (Black Indigenous People of Color).
- Take a guided journey into your relationship with power, privilege, and racism.
- Practice potentially awkward or racially charged conversations you’ve been nervous to have and receive feedback.
- Learn how to continue educating yourself, become a resource to other white people and find ways to integrate anti-racism work into your daily life.
- Continue learning, the first 15 registrants receive a free copy of Myisha's book!
Learn more about the workshop leader here:
We hope you will join us for this rare opportunity! If you are a member, make sure to check your email for your 50% off discount code!
*This is a non-refundable event- if you are unable to attend you may transfer your ticket, just let us know as soon as possible.