What is placenta encapsulation?
Placenta encapsulation is a process of taking a fresh placenta and making it into pill form for ingestion by the birthing person. Many encapsulists will offer tincture, salve, smoothies, prints, cord-keepsakes and a print of the actual placenta.
Why do I need placenta encapsulation?
- Baby-blues and various other postpartum disturbances have been notably reduced.
- Hormones are assisted in their balancing.
- Milk supply is often established early due to the Human Placental Lactogen (HPL) hormone found in the placenta pills.
- Lower anemia findings because of iron replenishing that can also help fight depression, fatigue and poor concentration.
- In general, birthing people report that they feel more emotionally balanced and have plenty of milk for their little ones. Many birthing people who have had a child before encapsulating with their next child notice a substantial difference in their post-partum healing.
- (Placenta encapsulation has not been evaluated by the FDA)
Birth Doula, Holistic Care, Breastfeeding Support, Midwifery, Newborn Care Specialist, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula, Yoga and Fitness
Personalized Midwifery Care, Homebirth, VBAC, Waterbirth & Baby's Breath (NRP) WorkshopsView Profile
Birth Art, Birth Doula, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Photography, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula
San Diego + surrounding areas
A fully nurturing, supportive, special experience for new mothers as a family is born together...View Profile