What is a doula?
A birth doula is someone who is trained and sometimes certified as an experienced professional who offers continuous physical, emotional and informational support to mothers who are pregnant, and during labor and birth. The word “doula” means “a woman who serves” in Greek. Birth doulas also check in with you after the birth of your baby.
Why do I need a Birth Doula?
- Stays with you throughout your labor and the birth of your child.
- Helps support your birth partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
- Doulas can help shorten your labor with fewer complications.
- Reduces the odds of labor resulting in a cesarean birth of your baby.
- Lowers the odds that the mother would need pain medications or an epidural.
Birth Art, Birth Doula, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Photography, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula
San Diego + surrounding areas
A fully nurturing, supportive, special experience for new mothers as a family is born together...View Profile
Birth Centers, Birth Doula, Childbirth Education, Holistic Care, Breastfeeding Support, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Midwifery, OB/GYN, Placenta Services
First State Licensed, Nationally Accredited Birth Center in California, Specializing in Water BirthsView Profile