What is a doula?
A birth doula is someone who is trained and sometimes certified as an experienced professional who offers continuous physical, emotional and informational support to birthing people who are pregnant, and during labor and birth. The word “doula” means “a woman who serves” in Greek. Birth doulas also check in with you after the birth of your baby.
Why do I need a Birth Doula?
- Stays with you throughout your labor and the birth of your child.
- Helps support your birth partner to participate at their comfort level.
- Doulas can help shorten your labor with fewer complications.
- Reduces the odds of labor resulting in a cesarean birth of your baby.
- Lowers the odds that the birthing person would need pain medications or an epidural.
Birth Doula, Holistic Care, Breastfeeding Support, Midwifery, Newborn Care Specialist, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula, Yoga and Fitness
Personalized Midwifery Care, Homebirth, VBAC, Waterbirth & Baby's Breath (NRP) WorkshopsView Profile
Birth Doula, Childbirth Education, Hypnobirthing Classes, Lactation Consultants - Educators, Placenta Services, Postpartum Doula
Postpartum Doula, Birth Doula, Lactation Educator, HypnoBirthing Childbirth EducatorView Profile